Top Ten Reasons Why eBooks are Innovative Study Tools
Friday, September 23, 2011
– September 23, 2011 – EBooks seem to everywhere these days. With more and more campuses adopting e-textbooks, chances are that eBooks will soon be coming to a campus near you.
So why should you embrace the latest learning innovation to take college campuses by storm? We did some research and came up with the top ten reasons you should be using eBooks!
- With no printing and delivery involved, you can save money since eBooks are often cheaper than paper editions.
- You can buy, download and start reading eBooks in minutes without having to go to the bookstore or waiting for them to be delivered to your home.
- A single e-reader allows you to store hundreds of books so you no longer need to lug that heavy backpack around.
- No trees are required to make eBooks so they’re more environmentally friendly.
- Instructors can imbed resources into e-textbooks that will help you gain a better understanding of the text. They can also extend learning through easy-to-access background information or links to related documents.
- The “find” and “search” functions will allow you to access keywords and phrases almost instantly without having to flip through page after page.
- EBooks are easily stored and can safely be carried from one place to another without the risk of damaging them like ordinary books. So now you can take your textbooks with you on the bus, to a coffee shop or anywhere else you can catch up on some studying.
- With options like changeable formatting, text sizing and background colours, you can customize your eBooks to reduce eyestrain and comfortably study as long as you need to.
- You can easily make notes and bookmark text without permanently marking up or damaging the pages.
- While textbooks get outdated, eBooks offer instant updates so you can be sure you’re learning from the most up-to-date course materials.
To learn more about how Reeves College programs use iPads and e-textbooks in the classroom
, fill out the form on the right
. Hear what our students have to say about eTextbooks and iPads on Facebook